The Governor’s Office wants to hear your Liberation stories. What does Liberation mean to you? What stories or lessons about Liberation, war and forgiveness have you learned from your grandparents, great-grandparents, family or friends?
Share your Liberation reflections with us by “Liking” the Governor’s Facebook Fan Page and then posting your video or written essay entry on the comments section. One lucky winner and their friends and family will win a prime spot on the 69th Liberation Parade Route.
Make it a family affair! Get together with your grandparents, aunts and uncles. Share your family’s Stories of Forgiveness and Faith with us.
Videos should be no more than two minutes. Essays should be between 150 and 350 words. All entries must be a reflection of the contest theme:
“Generations of Lessons: Stories of Forgiveness and Faith”
You can start posting at 6PM on Monday, July 15, 2013 until 6AM on Thursday July 18, 2013. If you do not have access to the internet, you can drop your video or essay to the Governor’s Office on between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Tuesday July 16 and Wednesday, July 17. Governor Calvo will announce the lucky winner through his Weekly Column on Friday, July 19, 2013.
The video and written essay with the most “likes” will automatically qualify as a finalist. Additional entries will be selected and forwarded to the judging committee for final selection.
Entrants must be current residents of Guam and 18 years or older or have parental/ guardian permission.
If you have any questions, contact the Governor’s Office of Communications at 475-9379.
1. Make a video or write an essay
2. Like the official “Eddie Baza Calvo” Facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/eddiebazacalvo
3. Upload your video or essay to the Governor’s official Facebook fan page.
4. If you do not have Internet access, you can drop your video or essay to the Governor’s Office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 and Wednesday, July 17, 2013 and we will upload it for you.
5. Get your friends and family to “like” your entry on Facebook.