$5,000 Grant Available to Eligible Care Providers Until December 30, 2022
Hagåtña, Guam – The Leon Guerrero-Tenorio Administration, in coordination with the Guam Economic Development Authority (GEDA) and the Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS), announced today the extension of the Governor’s Relative Care Grant Program to allow more eligible families the opportunity to apply for assistance by December 30, 2022. As part of Prugråman i Pinilan i Famagu’on Guåhan (Prugråman Pinilan), a relative care grant makes child care more affordable and accessible for Guam’s working families.
“In three steps, relatives who care for children can receive up to $5,000 to cover facilities maintenance, personal protective equipment or PPE, indoor and outdoor health supplies, child care goods and services, and mental health care,” said Acting Governor Josh Tenorio. “Prugråman Pinilan continues creating new and innovative ways to support community care while building on our Administration’s investments in the health, safety, and well-being of our community. Our goal is to help uplift as many families as possible with every opportunity.”
- Apply at www.guamchildcare.com.
- For eligible children: Prugråman Pinilan Child Care Application
- For eligible relatives: CCDF Child Care Provider – Relative & In- Home
- Schedule and complete home inspection and care provider orientation.
- Upon certification, apply for the Relative Care Grant Program to receive up to $5,000 for assistance with facilities maintenance, equipment, supplies, goods, services and more.
The total award amount shall not exceed $5,000 and is subject to the availability of funds. Additional consideration is offered for applicants who care for children with special needs.
For more information, visit investguam.com or contact GEDA at 671-647-4332.