“It is their vision of our island that we need to pay attention to.”
– Governor Eddie Baza Calvo
Two days left to participate in Imagine Guam Instagram Contest
What community value is most important to you? It’s the question at the heart of Imagine Guam’s new Instagram contest, which aims to gain a better understanding of what students – our island’s future leaders – believe are most important to Guam and their future.
Until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 12, students in kindergarten through high school are invited to share their perspectives on what the most important community value is. The contest rules are:
- Follow @imagineguam on Instagram
- Instagram a photo depicting the community value you feel is most important to Guam out of the following:
o Inafa’maolek (Peace and Justice)
o Environmental Protection
o Ma’mÃ¥lao (Shame)
- Hashtag your photo #ImagineGuam, name the value from the list (can be found on the Imagine Guam Facebook and Instagram page), and explain in your caption why you feel the value is most important.
- You will automatically be entered and your entry will be displayed in our gallery.
Deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 12. All entries will be raffled at the Dec. 17 Imagine Guam Policy meeting at Adelup. The meeting will start at 10:30 a.m. You do not need to be present to win. The winners will be announced via Imagine Guam’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
By participating in the contest, students not only get involved in the Imagine Guam planning but have a chance to win cash prizes: first prize winner will be awarded $250, second prize winner will be awarded $150 and third prize winner will be awarded $100.
We’d like to thank the schools for encouraging participation in our contest and assisting in sharing the contest information.
For more information on the contest, please contact Amanda Francel Blas at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org or 475-9379.