Taxpayers ask for additional time to remit payments 

Sept. 5, 2018

Hagåtña – Taxpayers participating in the Tax Amnesty program have until Sept. 28, 2018 to remit owed tax payments. 

The Department of Revenue and Taxation is extending the deadline to help taxpayers who are asking for more time. The deadline to remit the payment based on their tax amnesty agreement was today. All participants were required to pay 10 percent of the total amount due upfront and the remaining 90 percent by the deadline.

“Collections, even with the extension that was expected to expire today, wasn’t as good as we had hoped. People are still asking us for more time,” DRT Director John Camacho said. 

Late taxpayers said they continue to work on securing the amounts they agreed to pay through means like bank loans.  

“We continue working with the taxpayers so they can pay their debt to the government. In addition to that, the Governor has agreed to provide additional monies to Guam Memorial Hospital through the new law and we want to ensure we live up to that,” Camacho added.

Skip to content