Leon Guerrero-Tenorio Administration is Delivering Relief, Driving Recovery
Hagåtña, Guam – The Leon Guerrero-Tenorio Administration announces that over 1,100 individuals have been assisted through the Government of Guam Relief Center (GGRC) over the course of three weeks between its opening on July 11 to July 29, 2022. GGRC staff assisted clients in applying for public assistance and pandemic-related assistance, answered inquiries about available programs, and bridged the gap between the agencies for those who were applying for assistance or seeking a status update on their application.
Of the total walk-ins, 859 clients were assisted through available programs.
- Prugråman Salåppe’ Ayudon i Taotao (Prugråman Salåppe’) accounted for the majority, nearly 50% of those assisted.
- Approximately 433 clients submitted applications for programs, with the majority of those applications for Prugråman Salåppe’.
- Some clients opted to submit their application directly to the administering agency.
- The Guam Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) was the second most inquired program.
A total of 289 phone calls were tracked.
- Over 72% of calls were from clients seeking a status update on their payment for Prugråman Salåppe’ 2 and 3.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program was the second most inquired program for phone call inquiries.
“As we continue progressing toward recovery, we are reassured that thousands of people are receiving the assistance they need today,” said Governor Lou Leon Guerrero. “The success of our relief center demonstrates that the thoughtful investments we’ve made to reduce government bureaucracy and improve access to critical programs is working to better serve our people. Strengthening our ability to deliver relief is paramount to achieving a more prosperous future.”
“Closing gaps and removing barriers to public assistance is a triumph of our relief center, and in less than a month, the data we’ve collected shows this is an initiative that is working for many experiencing hardship,” said Lt. Governor Josh Tenorio. “We extend our thanks to the front lines of direct relief and the dedicated program eligibility specialist, social workers, and customer service representatives, who are essential to helping our people navigate their paths forward.”
The Government of Guam Relief Center is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the third floor of the Bank of Hawaii building in Hagåtña.
For more information, contact the GGRC at 671-475-2060 or visit governor.guam.gov/assistance.