For Immediate Release
July 5, 2018
Power Crews making their way south; Village Mayors Clearing Village Roads
As previously reported, Government of Guam operations will resume at 1 p.m. today. The community is advised to remain indoors.
National Weather Service has recommended all residents stay indoors this morning. As reported earlier, most Government of Guam offices will open at 1 p.m.
As of 7:30 a.m., the National Weather Service reported that Tropical Storm Maria was located 13.9 degrees north and 144.7 degrees east. The center of the storm has passed north of the island but the tail of the storm continues to bring rain and sustained winds of about 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph for the rest of the morning.
The Guam Department of Education has cancelled all summer school classes today. All GDOE 12-month employees advised to report to work at 1 p.m., in line with the rest of GovGuam.
The University of Guam and Guam Community College classes will resume at 1 p.m.
The Guam Power Authority continues to restore power though there are isolated areas that other crews are working on as well. The following villages have had power services restored:
Dededo, Harmon, most of Tumon and Tamuning, Barrigada, Macheche, Pagat, Hagåtña, Anigua, Piti, and Asan.
Please report power-related issues to GPA via its Facebook page or call its 24-hour Trouble Dispatch desk at 475-1472, 475-1473, or 475-1474.
Access live information for flight status by visiting www.guamairport.com/travel-information/flights.
Department of Public Health and Social Services:
The Northern and Southern Community Health Centers (CHC’s) will open at 1p.m. when all is cleared. If you had an appointment at either of the Community Health Centers (CHC’s) for this morning, please call:�
• Northern Public Health:
• Adult Clinic 635-7400
• Pediatric Clinic 635-4410
• Prenatal Clinic 635-7460
• Central Public Health at 735-7140
• Southern Public Health at 828-7516
�Food Safety Health Certificate Training Course at Public Health in Mangilao is cancelled. Please call the Division of Environmental Health after 1 p.m. to rescheduled: 735-7205 or 735-7221.
Home Delivered Meals will be delivered to clients provided the roads are passable. The DPHSS, Division for Senior Services are suspended today:
• Adult Day Care
• Case Management
• In-Home Services
• Legal Assistance Services
• Senior Center Operations
• Transportation Services
• Nutrition Services for Congregate
• National Family Caregiver Support Program
• Preventive Health
Patients expecting appointments today are advised to contact their clinic directly.
All U.S. Renal Care Dialysis Centers are Open.
Residents are asked to stay off the roadways as village mayors offices, emergency responders and crews continue to make assessments and clear roadways.
If travel is necessary, intersections with non-working traffic lights should be treated as a four-way intersections, stopping for other vehicles.
Residents should avoid the following roads:
• Chalan Ramirez Rd., Yigo, blocked entryway
• Kiko Chela Road in Agat has a down live power line (this has been reported)
• Ypao Road from Marine Drive to Hilton is impassable due to downed power line
• Rt. 17, Tarzan Falls area and Cross Island Road has a downed power pole and been impassable
• Rt. 4 northbound outer lane from Sinajana to Agana, deemed impassable. Assessments are being made
• Rt. 4, near Island Fresh, reported downed tree
Winds:�NWS advises 25 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 38 – 40 mph for the duration of the morning until this afternoon. Northern Guam will continue to experience the heavier gusty winds.
GHS/OCD, working with the NWS, will continue to monitor the system and provide updates. Monitor the latest advisory information through the following sites:
· NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
· NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
· GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
· GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
· Governor Eddie Baza Calvo Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eddiebazacalvo/
For more information, contact GHS/OCD Public Information Officer, Jenna G. Blas at (671) 478-0208 or via email at email@example.com or contact the GHS/OCD watch desk at (671) 478-0290.
For Immediate Release